Friday, January 20, 2012

Los Hermanos Style Salsa

I love Los Hermanos Salsa!
This was pretty close, but not exact.  I'll definitely make it again.
I took it to a baby shower and it was gone.  Everyone seemed to like it.

How you make it -

 1 can (28 ounce) Whole Tomatoes with Juice (I use tomatoes from my garden that I bottled)
2 cans (10 ounce) Rotel Tomatoes (original is kind of spicy so if you want it mild, buy the "mild" version)
1/4 cup chopped onion (that left quite an onion after-taste so I think I'll go with less next time)
1 clove garlic
1 whole Jalapeno, quartered and sliced thin (I did 1/2 with no seeds because it was an extra hot one)
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup cilantro
juice from 1/2 lime

Combine all ingredients in food processor, pulse to desired consistency. Refrigerate at least one hour to blend flavors.  I left it overnight to make sure the flavors were really blended.

Here's where I found it, although there are several sites with similar recipes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment