Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Honey Sauced Chicken


Honey Sauced Chicken

3 1/2 stars
I made this in my crock pot.  I thought it was good, sweet and spicy.  I made broccoli on the side.  It just felt like it needed a vegetable.  The only problem is that that my 4 yr old thought it was too spicy to eat.  It really is too hot/spicy for kids.  Maybe if I didn't put in the full amount of red pepper flakes it would be OK.  It's pretty rich and  sweet though with all the honey.  I had to double the recipe to feed our family of 4 and have enough left overs for lunch tomorrow.

3/4 pound chicken (of your choice)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup chopped onion (or 1/16 cup onion flakes)
1/8 cup ketchup
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes

Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, put into crock pot. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3 hours or on high 1 1/2 hours. Chicken into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce. Serve over rice or noodles.

To bake chicken as a 30 minute meal:
Dice chicken and season both sides with salt and pepper, place in 8x8 pan. Pour sauce over chicken and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.

Serves 2.

Recipe from: Crock Pot Recipe Card Collection

And here's the link to the site where I found this recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment