Sunday, January 27, 2013

Chicken Burritos

We liked this so I'll give it 4 stars.  My 5 year old wouldn't touch it though.  
It was a cheese quesadilla  for him as usual.

I found this recipe on the Crockin Girls site, but modified it a bit.


Ingredients list:
Chicken breast (I used about 4 large breasts and it was pretty juicy, I could have used more)
1 Taco seasoning mix packet
1 Cup frozen corn
1 Can black beans, drained
1 Can Rotel (I used Western Family)


Combine corn, black beans, rotel, and taco seasoning.

Spray crock pot with cooking spray and place chicken in crock pot.
Pour mixture over the chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

After 6 hours remove chicken and shred.  Place back in crock pot and mix.
Let cooks in juice another hour or so.

Serve on warm tortillas with shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc.

It was suggested to try this over rice.  I tried it for lunch the next day.  
I was OK, but I thought it much better in the tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment