Tuesday, December 20, 2011

YOGURT - BROILED CHICKEN

3 stars and not my best picture.
It's good chicken, but not a ton of flavor.  I've never actually broiled chicken before so I was a little afraid. My son said it tasted like it kind of had a lemonish flavor, and I agree.  I might make it again.  Just something I tried because I had all the ingredients on hand and didn't want to go to the store.

YOGURT - BROILED CHICKEN

1/2 c. plain low-fat yogurt
1 green onion, chopped
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
1 tbsp. olive or salad oil
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
4 lg. skinless, boneless chicken breast-halves
Oregano or parsley sprigs for garnish

Directions:

1. In large bowl, with spoon, mix low-fat yogurt, green onion, dried oregano leaves, olive or salad oil, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Add chicken.

2. Place chicken breasts on rack in broiling pan. Place pan in broiler at closest position to source of heat; broil breasts 4 minutes. Turn breasts; brush with any yogurt mixture remaining in bowl and broil 5-6 minutes longer until chicken breasts are fork-tender and lightly browned.

3. To serve, arrange chicken breasts on warm large platter. Garnish with oregano or parsley sprigs. Makes 4 servings.

I left out the green onion and I only had red wine vinegar, so I strayed a bit from the recipe.  Turned out just fine.

Here's the link:

No comments:

Post a Comment